A simple one-dish brunch!
Write a review
- Butter for greasing dish
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 oz Swiss cheese, coarsely grated (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato (8 to 10 oz), peeled and coarsely chopped (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 large shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish (about 2 inches deep).
- 2. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt & pepper until smooth.
- 3. Add Cheese, combine. Pour into baking dish. Bake in upper third of oven until puffed and slightly brown. (about 20 minutes)
- 4. Toss sweet potato, shallot, oil, salt & pepper on a baking pan. Spread vegetables in an even layer, then roast in lower third of oven while eggs are baking. (bake about 18 minutes)
- The potatoes are done when you can easily spear with a fork. Be sure to flip/stir about halfway through- around the 10 minute mark.
- Serve eggs with roasted vegetables on top of the eggs.
Inside the Artist's Kitchen http://insidetheartistskitchen.com/blog/