Fried Rice Tostadas
An Asian-Mexican fusion
Write a review
- 2 cups brown rice (previously cooked)
- Olive oil
- Sesame seed oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 small shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 a jalapeño (or more to taste)
- 1 lg potato, diced
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 1 Nopal (fresh Cacus)
- 1 bunch of Kale
- A splash of red wine
- 1 Apricot
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- Tostada shells
- El Gallito queso cotija cheese
- Limes cut into quarters
- 1. Chop all vegetables.
- 2. Sauté shallots, ginger, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt/pepper & jalapeño in a pan coated with olive oil.
- 3. Add diced potato, apricot, red pepper, soy sauce and red wine. Let cook approx 10 minutes.
- 4. Add Cactus.
- 5. Add previously cooked rice.
- 6. Add both eggs, stirring about 7 minutes, or until the eggs are combined.
- 7. Add kale.
- 8. Top with a drizzle of sesame seed oil and cilantro. Serve on tostada shells with cheese & lime wedge.
- Serve with avocado and sour cream.
Inside the Artist's Kitchen http://insidetheartistskitchen.com/blog/