A rustic take on a classic dish.
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 large onions
- 2 14.5oz cans of Hunt's diced tomatoes (w/basil, garlic & oregano)
- 2-4 Garlic cloves
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4c Parmesan Cheese
- Olive oil
- 1. Strain the diced tomatoes, and save them for later.
- 2. Dice the onions, and mince the garlic.
- 3. Add them to a large stockpot, coat with olive oil and sauté.
- 4. While those ingredients are cooking peel the eggplant, then cut into batons.
- 5. Add the eggplant to the stockpot.
- 6. Season with salt and pepper. Also add another coat of olive oil.
- 7. Cook until the eggplant is transparent, stirring often.
- 8. Add red pepper flakes to taste.
- 9. Pour the 2 cans of strained diced tomatoes into the stockpot.
- 10. Simmer all together for another 5 minutes.
- Edra says that she likes to use a handfull of red pepper flakes. Not an excessive amount, but not too much either.
Inside the Artist's Kitchen http://insidetheartistskitchen.com/blog/