Write a review
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 small Asian eggplants, quartered lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 20 string beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 bunches baby bok choy, bottoms removed, cut in half crosswise
- Steamed rice, for serving
- 1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- 2. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent and garlic has browned, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Add diced tomatoes and simmer until the tomatoes have cooked down, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Add the turmeric and stir.
- 5. Add peanut butter and miso paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- 6. Add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
- 7. Add eggplant and string beans. Cover and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 8. Finally, we add the baby bok choy. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 9. Remove from heat and serve over steamed rice.
- Season to taste with soy sauce, chili powder, or lime!
Inside the Artist's Kitchen http://insidetheartistskitchen.com/blog/